- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Five-Year Bachelor's to Master's Program
- Teacher Certification
- Certification Testing Requirements
- Field Experience
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- News & Events
- New Teacher Support
- Alumni - Where Are They Now?
Do you believe you can make your school environment a better place?
Are you looking for an intense and enriching program that can help you do this?
Marywood's School Leadership Program will help you develop the administrative and interpersonal skills needed by practicing and future leaders in education. Courses and other learning experiences are deeply grounded in the principles of public and non-public school thought and practice.
Career Opportunities include:
- Vice Principal
- Program Director
- School District Administrator
Internships are individualized, based on your needs and interests. The Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards support the courses and internship.
The courses are divided into three categories:
- 9 credits in core courses, which provide an understanding of research, organizational dynamics, and multicultural issues in schools
- 24 credits in concentration courses, which provide an understanding of administration, current issues in education, curriculum planning, supervision and evaluation of instruction, law, finances, personnel leadership, and an internship in a school setting
- 3 credits in elective courses
To be eligible for the principal's certificate, you must have 5 years of professional school experience.
I. Professional Education and Core Courses
9 semester hours
|EDUC 501||Research Theory||3|
|COUN 532||Multicultural Issues In Counseling||3|
|EDUC 605||Communication Theory and Organizational Dynamics||3|
|EDUC 555||Professional Contribution||0|
24 semester hours
|EDUC 545||Administrative Theory for School Leaders||3|
|EDUC 546||Seminar: Problems and Issues in Education||3|
|EDUC 547||Curriculum Planning for Schools||3|
|EDUC 548||Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction||3|
|EDUC 549||Law and the School||3|
|EDUC 551||School Finances||3|
|EDUC 552||Personnel Leadership in Schools||3|
|EDUC 593||Administrative Internship (Fall Semester)||3|
|EDUC 593||Administrative Internship (Spring Semester)||0|
This program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for awarding certification as a K-12 principal.