With a strong emphasis on research, this program challenges students to further develop their administrative and leadership roles in the public, non-profit, corporate, or government organizations, as well as scholarly opportunities for those seeking employment in higher education. Through an interdisciplinary focus students are prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st century by providing unifying administration and leadership in an increasingly interdependent world.
Consistent with the mission of Marywood University, the Ph.D. Program in Administration & Leadership has as its primary goal the mastery of the administrative and leadership skills necessary for professionals working in business, education, health care, social services, and government. This mission aspires to engender professionals who pursue their leadership careers with a commitment to expertise, ethics, and empathy in an interconnected world.
Marywood's Ph.D. Program helps students to:
- Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of administrative & leadership roles that reflect the complexity of today's business, education, health care, social services, and government organizations
- Examine ethical issues related to administrative and leadership roles
- Engage in interdisciplinary scientific inquiry to address the complex problems of today's organizations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of administrative and leadership roles
- Demonstrate competence as a leader and a desire to provoke social change