How To Become A Tutor
- Be a current Marywood student.
- Possess an overall 3.2 GPA or higher.
- Have compelted and earned a B+ or higher in the courses or subject areas they wish to tutor for
- Complete all necessary employment paperwork with Human Resources.
- Complete the electronic application.
- Writing tutors must submit a writing sample through the application and interview with Katie McNulty, Writing Specialist.
- Complete student interest form and have all necessary materials ready for Human Resources.
Submit a Tutor Application here.
- Writing tutors will set up an interview in office or via zoom with Katie McNulty, writing specialist.
Complete tutor training. Writing tutors will compelte separate writing specific training on campus.
Individual tutors are expected to meet with their students for one hour per week. If more or less time is needed, please notify the Assistant Director. Writing, math, and science center tutoring hours may vary.