Enrollment & Education Benefits

    After you've applied for admission and been accepted by Marywood University, obtain your education benefits by following these steps:
    1. Use the benefits chart below to find the type of benefit that's right for you.

    2. Apply for your education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) at www.eBenefits.va.gov

    3. Provide your confirmation number and subsequent Certificate of Eligibility to Lauren Williams, Veterans Certifying Official, in the Office of Military and Veteran Services. If you have a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), provide that as well.

    4. If you are receiving active duty or reserve benefits, you must verify your enrollment on the last calendar day of every month using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE).

    Forever GI Bill Information

    Review the Forever GI Bill.

    Vocal Rehabilitation Benefits

    To apply for vocational rehabilitation benefits, follow these steps:

    1. Contact the local Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, who will assist you in completing your application:

      Matthew Dragwa, MS, CRC
      Vocational Rehab & Employment Division
      1123 E. End Blvd., Suite 5
      Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
      (570) 821-2501

    2. Once your vocational rehabilitation benefits have been approved, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will send an authorization form to Marywood so that you may receive benefits.

    3. Once you are enrolled, Marywood's Veterans Certifying Official will certify your enrollment.

    For more information about vocational rehabilitation benefits, visit the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service webpage or call the VA toll free at 1-800-827-1000.

    Receiving Benefits

    In most cases, benefits are paid directly to you in monthly installments. If your enrollment has been certified 30 days prior to the start of the term, you can expect to receive your first installment during the month following the first full month of school. For example, if you start school in the fall, your first installment should arrive in October.

    Federal Education BenefitsFunds Paid to StudentsTuition/Fees Paid to SchoolBook Allowance
    Chapter 30
    Montgomery GI Bill
    Yes No No
    Chapter 31
    Vocational Rehabilitation
    Yes Yes Yes
    Chapter 32
    Vietnam Era Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
    Yes No No
    Chapter 33
    Post 9/11 GI Bill
    Yes Yes Yes
    Chapter 35
    Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
    Yes No No
    Chapter 1606
    Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
    Yes No No
    Chapter 1607
    Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
    Yes No No

    Eligible students are required to submit the form below each semester to the VA Certifying Official in order to have classes certified for veteran education benefits. The form can be filled out, and a picture with the filled-out information can be sent to our office for certification. If you would prefer, you can also mail, scan or drop off the completed form to: 

    Marywood University
    Office of Military and Veteran Services
    Veterans Resource Center
    Scranton, PA 18509

    Or Email - resantananunez@marywood.edu

    Click Here to Access to Military Certification Enrollment Form

    *This must also be resubmitted immediately if the student adds or drops a class during the current semester.


    This must also be resubmitted immediately if the student adds or drops a class during the current semester.

    Fall Semester Dates

    Please refer to the Academic Calendar for individual session dates. Financial dates may be found on the Cashier's website.

    Before registering for courses at one or more additional institutions, you must provide the Registrar's Office with proof that the courses for which you will register are applicable to your degree program at Marywood University. The Registrar's Office will forward a copy of the authorization to the Veterans Certifying Official. 

      The Certifying Official at Marywood University will certify courses for which you are registered at Marywood University. All additional institutions will certify their own courses.

      Marywood University fully complies with the requirements for readmission of veterans as defined in the Higher Education Opportunity Act.

      In part, the act states that:

      "A person who is a member of, applies to be a member of, performs, has performed, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in the uniformed services shall not be denied readmission to an institution of higher education on the basis of that membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation."

      In general, any student whose absence from an institution of higher education is necessitated by reason of service in the uniformed services shall be entitled to readmission to the institution of higher education if: 

      • The student (or an appropriate officer of the Armed Forces or official of the Department of Defense) gives advance written or verbal notice of such service to the appropriate official at the institution of higher education.

      • The cumulative length of the absence and of all previous absences from that institution of higher education by reason of service in the uniformed services does not exceed five years.

      • "Except as otherwise provided" in the Act, "the student submits a notification of intent to re-enroll in the institution of higher education in accordance with" certain institution.

      To Marywood

      To transfer your benefits from another institution to Marywood University, complete and submit VA form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training to the Veterans Certifying Official.

      For benefit-specific information, select the benefit you are utilizing from the menu options to the left.

      To a Spouse or Child

      To transfer your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit to a spouse or child, please the GI Bill website for requirements and application instructions. Once your transfer of benefit has been approved by the VA, submit your Transfer of Eligibility form for spouse or child to the Veterans Certifying Official.